Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scrap It


I hate to hear myself say it, but Obama has compromised the healthcare bill into oblivion. I honestly think it would be worse than nothing at this point. His plan does practically nothing to control costs and he knows it.
The argument that growing the pool to everyone will make it cheaper is the same kind of argument Republicans make about tort reform. We've had it in Missouri for almost 5 years and it hasn't affected prices at all. Well insurance costs did go down for doctors but that certainly wasn't passed along to the rest of us.
Focusing on the insurance companies is stupid too. They only account for about 2% of costs. It's systemic. We have to go after drug companies, doctors, hospitals and lobbyists.
I was a little suspicious of the Hope and Change slogans of Obama's campaign. I believe he's too weak for the job.
I know there are people out there that are sick and clinging to whatever insurance they can get, but in a perfect world we could fix it all by not buying health insurance. I mean all of us!

No comments: