Saturday, May 23, 2009

Venting


When I started this blog I thought it would be an opportunity to vent. I thought I would feel better after each post.

I don’t enjoy reading angry rants and I know my posts are very subjective. No one really knows everything about anything. You end up getting mad at the author.

The more I think about the subjects I write about, the angrier I get. I might have to stop before I get an aneurism.

In spit of revelations that information from prisoners was derived before water boarding Dick Cheney still insists torture works. Saying it has always made it so with him. I’m surprised he stopped saying Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

When Bush won by his 51% mandate he said he had political capital he intended to spend. The only capital he had was the world’s outrage and sympathy after 9/11. He squandered that immediately.

I’m still hearing the world is a better place without Saddam. At that time he was politically castrated and contained. Inspections were working and Hans Blix was begging for us to continue.

Photos of the “indiscressions” at Guantanamo Bay are still used for recruiting posters by Al Qaeda.

The democrats in congress should be ashamed of themselves for pandering to ignorance and fear mongering the republicans use to polarize the voting public.

The world needs to know we were wrong and we can change. The symbolism is important.

Several states have offered to take the prisoners because of the boost to their local economies. They already have the infrastructure in place. Their representatives scream, “Not in my backyard.”

They’re trying to say these prisoners pose a threat. First they might influence fellow prisoners. Second they might escape and commit acts of terror. By this logic we should only incarcerate nice, safe folks. Model prisoners we can be proud of.

I’m an old lefty from way back. Our liberal representatives are an embarrassment.

While we’re on the subject, if Nancy Pelosi knew about torture she should be held accountable too. If we believe in justice everyone should be held accountable. It’s not a distraction from more important issues or revenge, it’s necessary.

Let’s vote all the bums out!!!

No comments: